A solar power pergola is a great solution for homeowners who are thinking about solar but are limited by their options. There are a few factors that can make or break the decision between a solar pergola and traditional solar panels.
Some of the factors that may persuade a homeowner to go the route of a solar pergola include:
• limited roof space, not enough room for solar panel installation
• older roof, not ideal for solar panels
• non-southern facing roof or an otherwise obstructed view
• wrong roofing material
• simply wants another option other than roof solar panels
• already planning on adding a pergola, wanting to make it as functional as possible
Some people want to customize the look and feel of their pergola by choosing the type of wood used, as well as the design and other appearance details of their structure. There are plenty of customization options!